Sunday, June 3, 2007

The beginning of 30 days

I'm slow at getting my pictures up but I have taken them everyday. I was viewing a blog awhile back and she challenged herself to take a picture everyday. This was to challenge her and help the creative juice to flow. So, I mentioned this to a friend who is also interested in photography and we are doing this challenge together. My interest is capturing life moments. I take photos of babies, children and families. I got my first SLR camera 4 years ago and jumped into some classes. Since then, my life has only gotten busier and I've taken less pictures. I love capturing moments and don't aim for the perfect smile. I rarely ask anyone to smile. I've found if you just let them be their selfs, you will get the smile or the face and you will successfully capture their personality.

With that being said, by me doing this 30 day challenge, I plan on fine tuning my skills and work back up to where I feel I was and even get better. The more you shoot, the better you get. I will admit most of my pictures will be of my kids, or other friends kids, but this is also a challenge for me to think outside the box. How can I take an ordinary object and make it look good? One of my photography classes I took we had "subjects". I found this helpful so I could conquer a specific skill. I don't pretend to know everything about photography. I just love taking pictures to enjoy for years to come.

No comments: